Cleaning your house with toxic chemicals is as harmful as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. That is the consensus of an independent study on cleaning products used to clean our homes. If this is true, is it worth the risk to our kids?
Adults are a little more resilient to most substances, including chemical cleaners. But children’s lungs are more sensitive since they are still growing and we want to protect them from this as much as possible. Breathing in the fumes from these chemicals can irritate the lining of the lungs in both adults and children.
Toxic chemicals are extremely dangerous because: